Blueberry Sauce Crêpes with Honey Whipped Cream
Makes 12 to 14 crêpes
Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Total Time: 40 minutes.
For the Crêpes:
1-11 ⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Cooking spray For the Blueberry Sauce
1 pint blueberries
1 ⁄2 cup sugar
1 ⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the Honey Whipped Cream:
1 cup cold whipping cream
4 tablespoons honey
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt; set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, whisking until smooth. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, prepare the blueberry sauce. Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a non-stick frying pan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the juices are bubbling and the fruit is tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Prepare the honey whipped cream. Pour the whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and beat until it begins to thicken.
4. Add the honey and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Take a quick taste and add more honey if you like it sweeter. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the Crêpes:
1. Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan, or a crêpe pan, with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
2. Add 1 ⁄3 cup of batter and swirl to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until the edges of the crêpe curl-up and the underside of the crêpe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Flip the crêpe and continue to cook for 1 more minute, or until lightly browned. Remove the crêpe from the skillet and repeat with the remaining batter.
4. Coat the pan with cooking spray in between each crêpe.
5. To serve, spread the honey whipped cream inside each crêpe. Roll or fold the crêpe and top with the blueberry sauce.
6. You can reheat the blueberry sauce by adding 1 ⁄2 teaspoon of water while you warm it over a medium to low heat.