LESLEY WATERS COOKERY SCHOOL
Duck with Warm Pomegranate, Puy Lentil & Orange Salad
As seen at the BBC Good Food Show - Winter 2017.
4 small duck breasts, skin on sea salt
100g (3 ½ oz) Puy lentils
1 small red onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed 3tbsp olive oil
1 pomegranate, seeds removed
1 large orange, segmented and juice reserved
1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly torn
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. With a small knife, score the skin of the duck in a lattice fashion and rub each with a little sea salt.
2. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and place the breasts in skin side down for 3-4 minutes until golden, then turn over and sear for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to the oven on a wire rack over a roasting tin, skin side up. 3. Roast the duck in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm, leaving to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the lentils in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Drain the cooked lentils well and add to the bowl whilst still warm. Mix well to combine and season to taste.
6. Remove the duck from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Arrange the salad between 4 serving plates or bowls. Slice the duck crossways into slices and arrange on top of the salad. Serve straight away.